Early Mountain Vineyards has an immediate opening for a Wedding & Event Associate. We are seeking a talented, creative and outgoing individual to help plan and run our special events, including weddings, corporate retreats and festivals both at the vineyard and at off-site venues. Early Mountain hosts 45-50 weddings per year, has just launched its corporate events business and is an active participant in festivals, concerts and farmers markets throughout the VA, DC and MD community. We are looking for a bright, personable and entrepreneurial person to help execute and grow this business and be a productive member of our enthusiastic team. Previous event coordination and a love of food and wine a plus.
The Weddings & Event Associate would be responsible for:
· Planning and developing wedding and events packages. Composing and administering contracts and BEOs
· Coordinating services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security
· Driving and responding to wedding and events inquiries
· Taking clients through the full sales process from inquiry to post-booking, including but not limited to:
o Responding to client with all basic wedding and event information
o Client qualification and appointment booking
o Walk-through appointments
o Contract & booking
o Act as venue manager and liaison overseeing wedding execution
o Follow-up and client maintenance through full sales cycle
· Meeting annual sales goals and accurately tracking projections
· Helping to update and maintain all wedding and event sales collateral and website language
· Must be open to flexible hours; peak-season weekends and holidays required
· Fulfilling an anticipated regular weekly schedule of 20-30 hours per week; non-exempt and eligible for over-time pay for more than 40 hours worked in a given week
The candidate should be extremely personable, well organized and a self-starter. The ideal candidate is someone who radiates joy and positivity while in a professional setting. Weekend availability is required to accommodate client and event needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Hospitality & Customer Service – The candidate must be extremely perceptive and understand how to provide top-notch hospitality and customer service.
· Written & Oral Communication Skills – The candidate must have a mastery of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Clerical – The candidate must have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
· 1-2 years experience in wedding and events sales or management
· Able to lift 35 pounds and function under pressure
· Able to deal with the public and solve problems that arise
· Able to deal with people who are under the influence of alcohol
· Able to manage staff and work in a team environment
· College degree or equivalent
Please submit your resume via email to JOBS@EARLYMOUNTAIN.COM.
About Early Mountain Vineyards
We are a fun, talented and growing team dedicated to providing our customers and community with exceptional service and Southern hospitality. We move at a very fast pace and rely on entrepreneurial initiative and creative drive to make things happen. We’re also committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and championing the overall Virginia wine and food community. A passion for food and wine, dedication to building positive relationships in our community, and a fun environment are building blocks of our team dynamic.
Early Mountain Vineyards is located in Madison, Virginia and is part of the Monticello Wine Trail in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. With a strong commitment to the vineyard as well as a fervent expression of place, our mission is to craft high quality wines and to support Virginia’s ascent as a world-class wine region. Early Mountain Vineyards is owned by Jean Case and her husband, Steve, and is located at 6109 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, Virginia 22727. For additional information, please visit http://earlymountain.com/.