If you love wine and are interested in learning more about the business by working for a fun vineyard in a start-up environment, join our team as a summer or fall intern!
Early Mountain Vineyards is accepting internship applications for the summer and fall 2016 seasons in its Marketing and Events department. Internships follow our seasonal business in the summer for weddings, festivals and private events, and in the fall for weddings, fall events and harvest. The summer internship will go from mid May to mid August and the fall internship from mid August to mid November.
A successful candidate will be able to help with a variety of activities including marketing, managing events, attending festivals and assisting with weddings. Internships will also have a special focus on creating content to tell our story across analog and digital channels.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Event planning: assist Event Managers in the planning of events both at the winery and off-site (including private events, weddings and festivals)
- Event facilitation: be onsite to help facilitate winery events and weddings, and be willing to travel off-site for events in the Charlottesville, Richmond and DC areas; help with event setup and breakdown, wine pouring/tastings, working with vendors on and off-site, and other responsibilities as assigned
- Member Club: data entry and analytics to find trends within the club operations; assist Events team with packing and shipping processes
- Content Marketing: Write content for our websites and social media. Assist in social media and print marketing efforts. Must be intermediate/fluent in social media including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Basic graphic design and photography/video skills are a plus.
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and keen eye for detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Extremely organized and observant
- Personable and able to work with a diverse group of people in many settings
- Excited to take on challenges in a variety of roles and willing to assist wherever needed
- Some event planning and/or marketing experience preferred
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Must have own reliable transportation and a driver's license in good standing.
- Age 21 or older
Night, weekend, and holiday availability is a must!
Compensation: Interns will be paid hourly for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday assignments for a total of approximately 20 - 40 hours per week. Additional days or a flexible schedule may be requested.
Please send cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Early Mountain Vineyards
We are a fun, talented and growing team dedicated to providing our customers and
community with exceptional service and a Virginian brand of Southern hospitality. We move at a very fast pace and rely on entrepreneurial initiative and creative drive to make things happen. We’re also committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and championing the overall Virginia wine and food community. A passion for food and wine, dedication to building positive relationships in our community and a fun environment are building blocks of our team dynamic.
Early Mountain Vineyards is located in Madison, Virginia and is part of the Monticello Wine Trail in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. With a strong commitment to the vineyard as well as a fervent expression of place, our mission is to craft high-quality wines and to support Virginia’s ascent as a world-class wine region. Early Mountain Vineyards is owned by Jean Case and her husband, Steve, and is located at 6109 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, Virginia 22727. For additional information, please visit earlymountain.com.